samedi 20 septembre 2014

For the second day, we had a jam packed day of musuems and exhibitions, so I decided to shove on my bright orange nike air max trainers which I have worn a record 2 times. Yes. #fashionbloggerproblems





Longline Orange Duster Jacket, c/o River Island
White Scuba Bralet, c/o Missguided
Pleather White Zip Skirt, c/o Missguided
Headpiece, c/o Impulse Loves (Miss Selfridge)
Orange Nike Dunks, Ebay - £30

We hopped over to The Barnes Foundation which is an amazing museum which shows some of the most interesting pieces of art you will ever see, from matisse to picasso - It was really laid out so beautifully and I wasn't able to take photos inside so heres me outside (with a cup of tea, of course!)












Then it was off to the Philadelphia Museum of Art to see the Patrick Kelly : Runway of Love exhibition which is, hands down, my favourite ever exhibition. The pieces are phenomonal, and he was so ahead of his time when designing them. I wish I could wear each piece, from the pictures you can see just how much detail and though goes into all the pieces of clothing. For someone who isn't particularly a fan of exhibitions as I find them fairly samey samey, I absolutely loved it, and it was such a breathe of fresh air!





We then headed off to a swanky little japanese place called Morimito where I indulged in Edamame beans and felt reminiscent of my wonderful time in Tokyo earlier this year, and we chatted away in the most ambient setting. I nearly fell asleep .. partyl due to jetlag, and partly due to just how chilled it was in the restaurant.






After this we headed to do a bit of mini shopping and found some amazing vintage clothing shops to have a little look around. I really loved the decor in these places - it's like urban outfitters but with a lot more obvious authenticity and incredible clothing. I didn't pick anything up however, but I'm trying to save my money for potential thrift shopping in NYC ;)





And then.. after alll this, we walked back to the hotel successfully, even though I can assure you I am the worst person at trying to direct myself (yes, coming from the girl that went backpacking around asia on her own for 5 weeks!) but it was such a lovely walk. The weather was beautiful and of course Philadelphia has breathtaking views.. just look up!



Stay tuned for day 3 tomorrow!

Youtube | Facebook | Twitter | Lookbook | Pinterest | Tumblr | Instagram | Bloglovin |

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire